Saturday, December 7, 2013

My 2nd Great Grandparents

     My 2nd great grandfather; William Edingburg


  born 1806, Albemarle County, Virginia, death and place of death unknown but he most likely died in Abingdon, Washington County, Virginia. The last census on him was in 1880 living with his daughter and son in-law.
Married to:

 My 2nd great grandmother,

 Rachel Hardee born: 1825 West Virginia. date of death and place of death unknown but mostly like also Abingdon, Washington County, Virginia.

I tried for years to find any information about my two 2nd great grandparents. Then I came across a website The Historical Society of Washington County Virginia. 
They offer look ups for a small fee, you can ask two questions about the person you're inquiring about, so i sent in the check with 4 questions about two people.
This is what I received from the search from the Historical Society:


Wow was I happy, I'd hit the jackpot, not only did i get one question answered but I also found out who his last slave owner was and his wife's last slave owner's name plus date of when his son David married and lots more listed above.

I still haven't found out his date of death but I'll keep searching.







    

No comments:

Post a Comment