Saturday, November 15, 2014

Boyd, Key, Grizzle, Clark

Since I seem to be at a standstill with a lot of my family research by not finding anything new, I decided to start some research on a different part of my family, this is the family I knew nothing about until around 2002.  These are my Caucasian side of the family.  

  I spend a lot of time researching the male side of the family mainly because they are easier to track with them keeping their surname and all, but this was a pleasant surprise. I found a lot of the women's maiden names
I'm going to start with my 3rd great grandparents:

Matthew Harper Boyd born 1809 in Newberry, South Carolina 
                                 died: Jan 15, 1877, Sumter Co. Alabama
He married:
Elizabeth Amanda Key, born : Oct 28, 1812 Georgia and died: 1857
Matthew and Elizabeth were married April 21 1832 in Greene Co. Alabama.
Matthew was also married to a Susan Maria Farrar and they had two children:
Absolom Farrar Boyd, and Chellie Rosanna Boyd.








These are all Matthew and Elizabeth's children that I know of so far.

My 4th great grandparents:

James Key and Rebecca Grizzle
James was born July 14, 1788, Georgia and died 1848, Alabama
Rebecca was born 1790 and died 1858.
Elizabeth Amanda Key was their daughter.




Apparently they were ignorant as I see they had 5 slaves.  





My 5th great grandparents:

William Bibb Key born Oct 2, 1759, Albemarle Co.Virginia, died: Dec 7, 1836 Elberton, Elbert Co. Georgia.
Mourning Clark born: Aug 12, 1764 Albemarle Co. Va and died: Jan 22, 1840 Elberton, Elbert Co. Ga.









Children:  Mildred Key and James Key


The headstone of Mourning Clark-Key.

I am going to continue this in my next post.  






Sources:
1850 United States Federal Census, Ancestry.com
Alabama Marriage Collections 1800- 1968, Ancestry.com
1820 United States Federal Census, Ancestry.com
Georgia Marriages, 1699-1944, Ancestry.com
Virginia Marriages 1660-1800, Ancestry.com
Family Data Collections-Births, Ancestry.com
U.S. Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications 1889-1970, Ancestry.com
Find A Grave, Ancestry.com

No comments:

Post a Comment